Financial Coordinator - Medical Oncology - F/T
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all
else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in
Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in
communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in
1969 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical
specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and
As the first Accountable Care Organization (ACO) accredited by
Medicare in Utah, and the only Next Generation ACO in the state,
Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to
healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while
providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: Your Health Above All Else.
Position Summary: Responsible for the over-all financial processes
of the department as they relate to the treatment of Oncology
patients. Determines insurance eligibility and benefits, obtains
authorizations when applicable. Works as an advocate for the
patient in dealing with insurances and available programs to ensure
proper payment of services.
Essential Job Functions:
Insurance Verification Process
* Call insurance company and verify eligibility and benefits.
* Fill out benefit verification form and scan into patient's
* Checks chemo pods to verify patient insurance and authorization
* Follow up on new patients consults to verify if patient's
treatment is Oral and/or IV.
* If yes, complete required preauthorization for treatment.
* If patient does not have insurance coverage, research and submit
paperwork to assistance programs.
* Follow-up on treatment patients to update any required
authorization for continuing treatment.
* Follow-up on patient accounts to ensure payment for treatments or
procedures in question.
* Ensure all required authorizations have been obtained.
* Review weekly patient/insurance balance report.
* Task all action into patient records.
* Ensures all patients that are eligible for copay
assistance/foundation are enrolled in programs.
* Submits claims to foundations in a timely manner.
* Ensures foundation payments are posted with the correct amount to
the correct codes.
* Enrolls patients in a payment plan to avoid collections.
* 2 years working in a medical office (oncology preferred)
* Basic understanding of insurance authorization processes
* Communication skills required. Must be able to interact with
Providers, other medical office employees, and patients.
Hours: 8am-5pm Monday-Friday
Keywords: RevereHealth, Provo , Financial Coordinator - Medical Oncology - F/T, Accounting, Auditing , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!