Medical Receptionist (Part Time)
Company: Mountainlands Community Health Center Inc
Posted on: January 11, 2021
Description: Job Title: Medical Receptionist (Part Time)Reports
to: Front Desk Supervisor Supervises: N/AJob Summary: The Medical
Receptionist ensures patient appointments are appropriately
scheduled, rescheduled, or canceled, depending on the needs of the
patients. Responsibilities include entering patient information
into the data system, answering patients' questions, and arranging
referrals to other medical or dental specialists. The successful
receptionist will be able to organize and maintain patient waiting
areas as well as front-desk areas. Ultimately, a top-performing
Receptionist will perform all duties in a compassionate and timely
manner that ensures practice efficiency.Job QualificationsEducation
or Formal Training (Licenses/Certifications):
- High school diploma or GED required; for dental
responsibilities: dental assistant or x-ray certification
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Monday: 1pm - 8pm
, Tues-Thurs: 1pm - 7pm, Friday: 1pm - 5pmExperience:
- One (1) year experience with customer service tasks
- Computer skills and software aptitude required.
- Communication and strong compassionate customer service skills
- Multi-line phone proficiency required.
- Insurance coding and medical or dental terminology
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, patient records, manage
multiple schedules, and ensure patient information is complete and
up to date is required.Language:
- Bilingual: English/Spanish, requiredAdditional
- Current personal immunization records, along with any required
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all
HIPAA (created, received, maintained, or transmitted).
- Must be able to use proper grammar (reading, writing and in
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Travel: Minimal, as required.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to display a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to follow all MCHC policies, procedures, standards,
specifications, guidelines, actively participate and attend
employee meetings and complete required training programs in a
- Ability to promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with
the mission of MCHC.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members to
ensure superior results and team success.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think and act independently to find solutions. Must
manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Is task and deadline oriented.
- Ability to take on ownership of assignments and communicate
status, issues, etc., and follow-through to completion.Essential
Duties/ResponsibilitiesDESCRIPTIONGreets and welcomes patients,
performs all check-in tasks including verifying income, updating
patient information (including updating all forms related to HIPAA,
Patient Responsibility, etc.), collecting copays, and guiding
patients to the waiting area. May also need to assist patients with
the information forms. Responsible for answering phone calls to
schedule, reschedule, schedule follow-up appointments, provide
reminder calls (includes leaving applicable messages), and manage
cancelled appointments. Is responsible for verifying methods of
payment and collecting payment as needed.Responsible for calling
insurance companies to verify insurance and determine if patients
are required to make co-payments. Makes sure that the insurance
information is updated in the chart correctly.Creates patient case
records (e.g., current medications, clinical questions,
etc.).Prepares patients' charts and daily schedules for dental
staff (if applicable) and performs general office duties, such as
answering phones, photocopying, filing, faxing documents, sending
medical and/or dental records, stock office supplies, and keeping
the front desk areas clean and organized.Performs other duties as
assigned. PM20. Requirements:
Keywords: Mountainlands Community Health Center Inc, Provo , Medical Receptionist (Part Time), Administration, Clerical , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!