Company: Mountainlands Community Health Center Inc
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Job Title: Medical ReceptionistReports to: Front Desk Supervisor
Supervises: N/AJob Summary: The Medical and/or Dental Receptionist
ensures patient appointments are appropriately scheduled,
rescheduled, or canceled, depending on the needs of the patients.
Responsibilities include entering patient information into the data
system, answering patients' questions, and arranging referrals to
other medical or dental specialists. The successful receptionist
will be able to organize and maintain patient waiting areas as well
as front-desk areas. Ultimately, a top-performing Receptionist will
perform all duties in a compassionate and timely manner that
ensures practice efficiency.Job QualificationsEducation or Formal
- High school diploma or GED requiredExperience:
- One (1) year experience with customer service tasks
- Computer skills and software aptitude required.
- Communication and strong compassionate customer service skills
- Multi-line phone proficiency required.
- Insurance coding and medical or dental terminology
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, patient records, manage
multiple schedules, and ensure patient information is complete and
up to date is required.
- Must be able to work the following shift: 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM
M-F with the occasional Saturday. Language:
- Bilingual: English/Spanish, requiredAdditional
- Current personal immunization records, along with any required
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all
HIPAA (created, received, maintained, or transmitted).
- Must be able to use proper grammar (reading, writing and in
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Travel: Minimal, as required.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to display a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to follow all MCHC policies, procedures, standards,
specifications, guidelines, actively participate and attend
employee meetings and complete required training programs in a
- Ability to promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with
the mission of MCHC.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members to
ensure superior results and team success.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think and act independently to find solutions. Must
manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Is task and deadline oriented.
- Ability to take on ownership of assignments and communicate
status, issues, etc., and follow-through to completion.Essential
Duties/ResponsibilitiesDESCRIPTIONGreets and welcomes patients,
performs all check-in tasks including verifying income, updating
patient information (including updating all forms related to HIPAA,
Patient Responsibility, etc.), collecting copays, and guiding
patients to the waiting area. May also need to assist patients with
the information forms. Responsible for answering phone calls to
schedule, reschedule, schedule follow-up appointments, provide
reminder calls (includes leaving applicable messages), and manage
cancelled appointments. Is responsible for verifying methods of
payment and collecting payment as needed.Responsible for calling
insurance companies to verify insurance and determine if patients
are required to make co-payments. Makes sure that the insurance
information is updated in the chart correctly.Creates patient case
records (e.g., current medications, clinical questions,
etc.).Prepares patients' charts and daily schedules for dental
staff (if applicable) and performs general office duties, such as
answering phones, photocopying, filing, faxing documents, sending
medical and/or dental records, stock office supplies, and keeping
the front desk areas clean and organized. Performs other duties as
assigned. RequiredWorking Environment and Physical ActivitiesThis
job is performed in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses equipment related to their specialty (computers,
etc), as well as standard office equipment such as phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, and
peripheral vision, as well as depth perception and ability to
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PM20.
Keywords: Mountainlands Community Health Center Inc, Provo , Medical Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!