Ski & Snowboard Instructor Level III
Company: Solitude Mountain Resort
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Solitude Mountain
Resort in Solitude, UTDescriptionJOB TITLE: Snowsports Instructor
Level III DIVISION: Ski & Ride School REPORTS TO: Snowsports
Manager/Director LOCATION: Ski & Ride Building/ On-mountain
CLASSIFICATIONS: Full-Time/ Part-Time/ Temporary/ On Call/
Seasonal/ Hourly $28-$31/hr POSITION: Are you a ski/ride enthusiast
and searching to work where you have the most fun? This position is
for you! Solitude is on the lookout for a Level III Snowsports The
instructor will provide quality ski/snowboard instruction to groups
and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all Skier
Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines. We are excited
to be growing our team and treating our employees to the unique and
amazing perks and benefits Solitude Mountain Resort has to offer.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High School or Equivalent Education - required.
- Attend required training sessions- required.
- PSIA/AASI Level 3 certification- required.
- Previous ski/snowboard instructor experience - required
- PSIA/AASI membership or equivalent- required.
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and browser
applications; basic Internet navigation- required.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken
and written)- required.
- Must have excellent guest service skills- required.
- Must have excellent communication skills- required.
- Must work well in a team environment - required.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in an alpine
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to
learn skills, follow and provide directions- required.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends- required.
- Experience working with guests of all ages - preferred.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring -
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children -
preferred. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied
challenging terrain with constantly changing winter weather
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or
snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate
skier/snowboarding skill levels and working with
supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet
during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children in class always; assisting at lunch and
snack times; ensuring the return of children to the identified
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Ride School
programs including but not limited to the registration process,
directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting sources, upkeep
of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities. Please
Note: All Instructor applicants must provide two (2) letters of
reference and submit a resume to be considered for a position.
Letters of reference should pertain to the applicant's previous
experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring, whenever possible.
Solitude will also conduct reference checks for all candidates
being considered for employment and a criminal background check for
all candidates who have been offered a position in our Ski & Ride
School. Please submit your (2) letters of reference and resume to:
Dan Healy Director, Ski & Ride School firstname.lastname@example.org
THE BENEFITS AND PERKS At Solitude Mountain Resort, we offer a
variety of employee benefits! First, you are lucky enough to be
working in the beautiful, scenic Wasatch Mountains. Enjoy mountain
activities before work, after work, on work breaks, and days off!
Activities include skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross
country, hiking, mountain biking, climbing, and so much more. Work
with other mountain enthusiasts. This is an excellent opportunity
to socialize, meet great people, and attend employee events around
the resort. Some events include unique opportunities like employee
ski days, employee yoga, live music events, film festival ski movie
features, and many more summer activities- at work! You get to work
and play in the same place. Eligibility is dependent on all
employee classifications of work. BENEFITS: Ski and Ride
- Eligible employees receive a free Solitude season pass for
themselves and eligible dependents. This includes unlimited
skiing/riding in the winter with no blackout dates and bike hauls
in the summer
- Free access to all fourteen Alterra Mountain Company
Destinations (excluding CMH) throughout North America for you and
- Discounted ski and ride lessons
- Discounted Solitude lift tickets for your friends & family
- Free Nordic ski and snowshoe pass for the Solitude Nordic &
- Ski and ride perks at other local resorts
- Complimentary UTA Ski Bus pass Other Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSA, FSA for eligible employees
- Discounts resort-wide for food, rentals, retail, lessons, and
- Pro deals with hundreds of outdoor brands
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Free counseling service for you and your household members
through our Employee Assistance ProgramRequirements
Keywords: Solitude Mountain Resort, Provo , Ski & Snowboard Instructor Level III, Education / Teaching , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!