Mechanical Engineer 5
Company: Talent Software Services, Inc.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job title: Mechanical Field Power Engineer
Location: Delta, UT
Duration: 06 Months
- Functions in as a senior field mechanical engineer capacity at
a combined cycle power construction project site in Utah.
- Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional
design/field engineering and analysis as well responsibility to
overseeing the erection and installation of the power island
equipment and coordination of all interface points.
- Monitor Subcontractors productivity and performance.
- Ensures adherence by Subcontractors to safety, quality,
schedule and performance expectations as defined by project
- Ensures compliance by subcontractor to all standards,
procedures, and contractual commitments within the bounds of all
- Communicate with the home office engineering team to identify
and resolve all engineering related issues in a timely
- Monitors, verifies and reports on construction activities for
compliance with the schedule; tracks and reports on completion of
project schedule activities and commodity installation as
- Assists subcontractors in resolving problems and reports on
issues related to drawings and information, schedule, quality,
quantity tracking, cost reporting and safety.
- Monitors discipline construction productivity, progress, and
reports to Construction Manager and Field Project Controls Manager
- Monitors to confirm that all material, Client and other
resources needed to support the Schedule are available and on site
for assigned scope as required.
- Monitor and assist in the reporting on completion of
subcontractor punch list activities.
- Maintains a daily log for site records.
- Monitors supplier Technical Service Representative (supplier)
daily log and reviews/approves their timesheets as
- Monitors assigned subcontractor(s) for compliance with
subcontract scope and schedule requirements.
- Develops a stable working relationship with assigned
- Assists Field Subcontract Administrator in the preparation of
all extra work authorization requests.
- Assists in the compilation of or answering Contractor
- Review Job Hazard Analysis for major erection packages within
scope as required.
- Supports commercial recovery process.
- Provides supervision, training, development, and performance
management to direct reports.
- Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change
management effects associated with the implementation of
- OSHA 10
- Lift and carry heavy items
- Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move, and Walk long distances in and
around confined, cluttered places, and uneven areas.
- See and hear naturally or with correction.
- Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with
requirements of the job duties.
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools
or controls according to a set procedure.
- May require work above 5 feet in height.
- Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders
- Typical construction site environment
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or exposure
to inclement weather such as dust, wind, rain, etc.
- Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are
distracting or uncomfortable.
- Work around hazardous equipment.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a
recognized accredited program in their home country or the country
in which the professional is practicing.
Keywords: Talent Software Services, Inc., Provo , Mechanical Engineer 5, Engineering , Delta, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...