Engineering Program Manager
Company: Micro Focus
Posted on: July 12, 2020
Engineering Program ManagerJob Description:
Micro Focus is seeking a talented and motivated individual to
assume this role. We are looking for people with the right blend of
skills, education, experience, and attitude to fill this exciting
and challenging position. This is a great opportunity for the
individual looking to get involved with cutting edge technology in
the Cloud Computing, Identity, and Access business.
Provides support and/or lead teams through the Engineering
development process and implementation of companys products.
Projects are typically shorter-term, less complex and more
contained with a defined time frame. Programs are typically
longer-term, multi-functional, multi-project with complex
requirements and effort. Manage activities, resource capability,
schedules, budgets, and ensure cross company communications to
facilitate product completion on schedule within budget. Work with
engineering management to identify and improve process and program
efficiencies. Work can involve external parties such as standards
bodies, partners, etc.
- Manages and leads key programs involving multiple functions and
program teams to drive the engineering development and
implementation process for multiple products or service offerings
for a Global Business Unit.
- Directs the development of overall program strategy, budgets,
resource allocation plans, and general program requirements for the
Global Business Unit.
- Manages activities of supporting program teams and internal and
external development partners; ensures alignment with unit strategy
and owns responsibility for overall program profit and loss
- Communicates program progress, escalations, and issue analysis
to product stakeholders; collaborates with business unit management
and internal manufacturing and development partners to recommend
and implement changes to products, processes, or business practices
to drive continuous improvement and manage program costs.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and
quality initiatives into projects and activities in the
manufacturing engineering organization.
- Reviews and evaluates program plans and guidelines for
compliancewith program management guidelines and standards;
provides tangible feedback to improve overall program management
quality and results for the organization.
- Leads and provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced
staff members to set an example of program management innovation
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management,
Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent.
- PMP/PMI certification preferred Typically 10+ years
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience designing and developing project and program
planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen, understanding of organizational
strategy, and successful experience managing all aspects of cross-
business unit programs, including communicating with internal and
external stakeholders and directing matrixed teams and
- History of innovation withexamples of developing new technical,
engineering and/or manufacturing processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in
English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate program management
architectures, plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options
at business unit levels.
Job:EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without
discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally
Keywords: Micro Focus, Provo , Engineering Program Manager, Executive , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!