Equestrian Director 2021
Company: Girl Scouts of Utah
Posted on: March 29, 2021
Make a difference in the lives of girls and spend an
unforgettable summer in the Wasatch Mountains! The Girls Scouts of
Utah are seeking adventurous, fun loving, creative and empathetic
staff for the upcoming 2021 season at Trefoil Ranch, one of our
American Camp Association accredited camps. Trefoil Ranch is
located on 123 acres of beautiful ranch country tucked away in
Provo Canyon. Trefoil Ranch features a lodge, ranch house, bunk
house, showers, electricity, hot water and flush toilets. Trefoil
Ranch is home to about 20 horses, offering unique opportunities to
experience equestrian programs. Girls live in cabins or platform
tents with staff located nearby. Girls can enjoy horseback riding
instruction, high and low ropes courses, archery, biking, hiking,
and other camp activities. JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- As a member of the camp Leadership Team, work with the Camp
Director to plan, develop, and manage a quality, progressive
horseback riding and horse care program for all
- Supervise the riding staff
- Manage health and safety conditions in the riding areas
- When not managing the riding program, participate in general
camp program and operations.
- Understand and implement safety guidelines and standards as
outlined by Girl Scouts of the USA, the American Camp Association,
and any state and local
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Job duties may be subject to change pursuant to the activities
of the camp, camp needs, and the organization as a whole.
- Several years of relevant experience.
- Have completed certification or documented training from a
recognized organization or certifying body for horseback riding
instruction, or equivalent documented
- Have extensive experience working with and caring for horses;
be familiar with western riding style and equipment.
- Hold current Red Cross First Aid & CPR certifications or the
equivalent; Wilderness First Aid preferred.
- Hold current Utah Food Handler's Permit.
- Possess good organizational, leadership, and teaching
- Ability to follow direction from Team Leaders, adhere to
policies, and follow camp procedures
- Ability to communicate and work with groups of girls ages 6-17,
and provide necessary verbal instruction to campers.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness,
enforce appropriate safety regulations, and apply appropriate
- Ability to respond in a crisis Summer camp is a great way to
add work experience and desirable skills to your resume -
especially for those pursuing a degree in education or recreation!
However, all majors and backgrounds are welcome and encouraged. For
more information on job accountabilities and qualifications, please
see the attachment. For more information, visit our website: Do you
want to make coffee, or do you want to make a difference? Apply Now
with our quick Application! * Fields Are Required What is your full
name? First Name How can we contact you? Email Phone Number Number
Type What is your preferred method of communication?
Keywords: Girl Scouts of Utah, Provo , Equestrian Director 2021, Executive , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!