Caf Assistant Manager
Posted on: September 16, 2023
At Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize
Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer
of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store
operator. We power a growing family of locally known brands
including Hart's, Superpumper, KB Express, ConoMart Super Stores,
Casey's Corner Store, Red Carpet, On the Run, MVP, Mr. Gas, KJ
Super Stores, and more!
Position:Assistant Store Manager
Location: Salina, UT
- Performs management duties as assigned or in the Store
- Directs and prioritizes the work of the store personnel at the
Store Manager's discretion
- Assists Store Manager with recruiting, hiring and training
- Assists with ensuring all employees deliver excellent customer
service. Motivate, encourage and challenge all employees. Resolve
customer complaints in a timely, professional manner.
- Enforce daily operating procedures to ensure store is clean,
adequately stocked and organized. Verify all items are stocked and
displays are appealing, priced correctly and displayed in safe
- Maintain quality brand image standards and pass evaluations.
- Properly clean and maintain equipment and ready high-margin
products such as coffee, fountain drinks etc. Check refrigeration
equipment for proper performance a minimum of one time per
- Assists with the completion of daily paperwork and computer
entry by COB (5p daily). Understands all information in the daily
reporting. Prepares shift-change report at the completion of shifts
in accordance with Parkland's policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform all duties of a Caf Sales Associate or Store
- Follow and enforce all Parkland's policies and established
procedures. Assists in the enforcement of all vendor policies and
- Assists in the implementation of monthly promotions; assists in
ensuring all POS advertising./signage is accurately posted at the
proper time. Communicates and performs price change requests, mark
downs/ups as requested. Communicates any issues with pricing to the
Store Manager as applicable.
- Attends monthly safety and security meetings and document the
meetings with a sign in sheet listing of all employees in
attendance. Communicates and enforces all safety and security
issues. Immediately reports and processes all employee and/or
customer incidents or unsafe acts to the Store Manager in
accordance with Parkland's policy and procedure.
- Set priorities and meet deadlines, responsible for planning and
carrying out assignments, resolving conflicts that arise, informing
and coordinating with others as expected.
- Accountable for ensuring the technical accuracy of their work
and maintaining good working relations, both internal and external
to Parkland. Self-direction and motivation are expected.
- Must meet performance expectations and complete all duties as
assigned Qualifications and Skills:
- Working towards High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum one-year previous experience in a convenience store,
restaurant, or retail environment.
- Management Experience.
- Ability to work unsupervised in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work unaccompanied, standing, and without defined
break periods. Occasionally working extended shifts of 12 hours or
more, as assigned.
- Ability to work in varying outdoor climates and in-store cooler
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and
- Positive, outgoing personality
- Operate an electric cash register and computer
- Perform simple arithmetic calculations
- Minimum 6 months previous cash handling experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Obtain food handler's permit within 30 days of hire
- Obtain off premise beer license within 30 days of hire
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only
those being considered will be contacted.
Parkland USA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Parkland USA is committed to equal employment opportunity for all
persons. All employment decisions at Parkland USA are based on
business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications,
without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social
or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental
or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic
partnership status, past or present military service, family
medical history or genetic information, family or parental status,
or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the
locations where we operate.It is the policy of Parkland USA to
provide Equal Opportunity Employment to all qualified disabled
veterans, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans who
are employees or applicants for employment.
Keywords: Parkland, Provo , Caf Assistant Manager, Executive , Salina, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!