Mental Health Therapist (Full Time Bi-Lingual English/Spanish)
Company: Mountainlands Community Health Center Inc
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Job Title: Mental Health TherapistFLSA Status: ExemptReports to:
Director of Behavioral HealthSupervises: NoneJob Summary: The
Mental Health Therapist is responsible for providing diagnostic
assessments, therapy, counseling, and support services for a
diverse caseload including adults, adolescents, and families
experiencing mental health issues, communication challenges, or
family conflict. They are a deeply familiar with other services and
resources within the community and work closely with them to
provide information and support when required outside of MCHC.Job
QualificationsEducation or Formal Training
- LCSW, CMCH, MFT, licensed in the State of Utah required.
- Master's Degree from accredited social work program
- CSW also acceptable if working toward licensure (to be
completed within 1 yr of hire)Experience:
- Two (2) years' minimum experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
- Prior experience with EMR and/or practice management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service, and
compassionate patient skills required with strong leadership,
analytical and organizational skills.Language:
- Bilingual: English/Spanish, RequiredAdditional
- OIG/GSA compliant.
- Current CPR certification required, along with any required
- Current personal immunization records, along with any required
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all MCHC
records, PII, and PHI (created, received, maintained, or
- Ability to interact and engage professionally with diverse
population and work well under pressure (multi-tasking).
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Eligible to bill Medicaid and Medicare
- Travel: Infrequent, as required.Knowledge, Skills, and
- Ability to display a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to follow all MCHC policies, procedures, standards,
specifications, guidelines, actively participate and attend
employee meetings and complete required training programs in a
- Ability to promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with
the mission of MCHC.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members to
ensure superior results and team success.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think and act independently to find solutions.
- Is task and deadline oriented.
- Ability to take on ownership of assignments and communicate
status, issues, etc., and follow-through to completion.Essential
Duties/ResponsibilitiesDESCRIPTIONProvides comprehensive care
counseling and makes referrals to appropriate agencies or
providers. Works with patients in tandem with MCHC's Medically
Assisted Treatment (MAT)/substance abuse program. Serves as a
client advocate to coordinate required services or to resolve
emergency problems in crisis situations.Provides services in
compliance with laws, regulations and JCAHO standards. Demonstrates
competency documenting signs of abuse and/or neglect, ensuring both
are reported to authorities as required. Refers patients to medical
providers for medication evaluation, pain assessment and treatment,
as necessary. Provides written information and instruction on
completing living wills and other end-of-life documentation, as
requested. Collaborates with the Mental Health team on items such
as crisis intervention, DSM system diagnosis, and
individual/family/couple therapy. Employs interdisciplinary cases
in conjunction with MCHC medical staff.Performs all duties,
responsibilities and competencies in a manner that is effective and
appropriate to the age group(s) of the patients to whom care is
being provided. Provides assessments that are consistent with the
age group and population involved, demonstrates full understanding
and identifies mental health issues that are lifecycle related.
Utilizes therapeutic techniques that are age appropriate, provides
individual, group, and family counseling sessions, etc. Provides
psycho-educational services and assists patients in linking with
charity care providers and community resources by building referral
sources. Consults with medical providers regarding patient's mental
health issues and progress. Prepares psychotherapy documents
encompassing all patient care and ensures mental health forms are
complete and accurate.Develops and implements treatment plans based
on DA, clinical experience and knowledge and conducts initial
family assessments and refer patients, clients, or family members
to community resources or to specialists as necessary. Provides
written evaluations and/or letters as required for social security,
school, immigration, court documents, support animals,
etc.Participates in marketing mental health services, attends
health fairs and other special events and speaking engagements on
behalf of MCHC. Maintains updated community resource and
information file and coordinates special projects to enhance
overall patient care. Attends Continuing Education courses as
needed and presents information to other staff.Performs other
duties as assignedWorking Environment and Physical ActivitiesThis
job is performed in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses equipment related to their specialty (radiography
equipment, computers, etc), as well as standard office equipment
such as phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, and
peripheral vision, as well as depth perception and ability to
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PM20.
Keywords: Mountainlands Community Health Center Inc, Provo , Mental Health Therapist (Full Time Bi-Lingual English/Spanish), Healthcare , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!