Dentist (Full Time)
Company: Association of Clinicians for the Underserved
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Mountainlands Community Health Center Inc Supervises: Directs
work of support staff Job Summary: Under general supervision of the
Executive Director, the Dentist is responsible for administering,
maintaining, and expanding a program of primary (and in selected
cases, secondary) care and preventive dental care in a community
health center setting and provides team leadership to dental staff.
The dentist examines, diagnoses, and carries out appropriate
dental/oral treatment for patients. The dentist treats injuries and
malformations of teeth and gums. May treat diseases of nerve, pulp,
and other dental tissue affective oral hygiene and retention of
teeth. May fit dental appliances or provide preventative care. Job
Qualifications Education or Formal Training
- DMD or DDS board and Utah state licensure required.
- Bachelor Degree preferred. Experience:
- Two (2) years' prior experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
substituted on a year to year basis.
- Experience in treating: elimination of pain, removal of carious
lesions, restorative, periodontics, endodontics, prosthodontics,
and oral surgery preferred.
- Computer skills and software aptitude required with excellent
communication and customer service (e.g., compassion, manual
dexterity, interpersonal skills, attention to detail). Ability to
consistently demonstrate positive/proactive customer service
aptitude and maintain ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public
service and fair standards, inclusively, among all employees and
public-facing encounters. Language: Additional
- Current DEA/DPS license/certification with ability to prescribe
medications as necessary.
- Current CPR certification required, along with any required
- Current personal immunization records, along with any required
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all
HIPAA you create, receive, maintain or transmit.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Travel: Infrequent, as required.
- Eligible to bill Medicaid and Medicare Knowledge, Skills, and
- Ability to display a professional appearance and demeanor and
ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons
from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic and
- Ability to follow all MCHC policies, procedures, standards,
specifications, guidelines, actively participate and attend
employee meetings and complete required training programs in a
- Ability to promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with
the mission of MCHC.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members to
ensure superior results and team success.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think and act independently to find solutions.
- Is task and deadline oriented.
- Ability to take on ownership of assignments and communicate
status, issues, etc., and follow-through to completion. DESCRIPTION
Provide general dental care, including examining teeth, gums, and
related tissue using dental instruments, x-rays, or other
diagnostic equipment. Fill cavities, repair and remove problematic
or chipped teeth and other necessary oral surgery, protect teeth by
using sealants or other treatments. Administers anesthetics to
limit pain during procedures as required. Design, make, and/or fit
dental prosthodontics, such as space maintainers, crowns, bridges,
dentures, implants, etc. Write fabrication instructions or
prescriptions for denturists or dental technicians. Records
patient-dentist transactions as they occur in the patient's EDR so
that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the
nature of the contact, the condition of the patient, and the care
or treatment provided. In addition, complete referrals, EHR data
collections, and other records or paperwork as required. Assists in
the provision of continuing education, on-the-job training, and the
orientation of community health center staff as requested.
Represents the Company in community activities and professional
associations. Performs other duties as assigned. Benefits Include:
403(b) retirement with company base and matching contributions Paid
Continuing Education Company Holidays Paid Time Off The opportunity
to work for a non profit and expand access to primary healthcare
services for our community Mountainlands Community Health Center
Inc 1420 Spring Hill Road
McLean, VA 22102
Keywords: Association of Clinicians for the Underserved, Provo , Dentist (Full Time), Healthcare , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!