Pharmacy Technician (Part Time)
Company: Mountainlands Community Health Center Inc
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Job Title: Pharmacy TechnicianReports to: Pharmacy
DirectorSupervises: N/AJob Summary: The Pharmacy Technician assists
the Pharmacist with prescription management and communicating with
physicians' offices about patient medications. The successful
incumbent will communicate with patients over the phone and
in-store to address customer service issues and field general
questions about medications. Additionally, MCHC Pharmacy
Technicians are responsible for confirming patient information on
prescription labels before disbursing medications.Job
QualificationsEducation or Formal Training
- Associate degree in Pharmaceutical Technology or Pharmacy
Technical School National Certification.
- Active Utah Certification, including completion of all
- Must be available to work -20 hours per weekExperience:
- Exemplary verbal communication and customer service
- Technical knowledge and computer skills (data entry, as well as
good typing and 10-key skills) with basic quantitative
- Strong customer service skillsLanguage:
- Bilingual: English/Spanish, preferred.Additional
- Current CPR certification required, along with any required
- Current personal immunization records, along with any required
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all MCHC
records, PII, and PHI (created, received, maintained, or
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Eligible to bill Medicaid and Medicare Travel: Minimal, as
required.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to display a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to follow all MCHC policies, procedures, standards,
specifications, guidelines, actively participate and attend
employee meetings and complete required training programs in a
- Ability to promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with
the mission of MCHC.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members to
ensure superior results and team success.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think and act independently to find solutions.
- Is task and deadline oriented.
- Ability to take on ownership of assignments and communicate
status, issues, etc., and follow-through to completion.Essential
Duties/ResponsibilitiesDESCRIPTIONResponsible for ensuring accuracy
and timely system entry of incoming (new and refill) prescriptions
(phone, in-person, e-prescribe, etc.) and dispensing appropriately.
Ensure that all prescriptions are processed according to MCHC
compliance policies prior to filling and that patients are informed
of possible lag times. Work with providers and medical support
staff to answer patient questions and assure quality care. Field
patient questions and contact doctor's offices or hospitals to
clarify prescription information. Verify Rx to patient chart to
validate prescribing doctor. Document referrals for 340b and attach
consult notes.Coordinates with insurance companies and outside
providers to troubleshoot any prescription questions timely.
Validates homeless patient vouchers (Medicaid), as well as any
discount program products, and denotes East Bay patients and
prescribing doctor.Responsible in assisting at the cash register
once a patient prescription is completed. Ensures courteous
engagement with all patients and ensures the patient has the
information they need to take their medication correctly. Disburse
completed and confirmed prescriptions to patients.Assist the
pharmacist with maintaining the ongoing medication inventory and
place medication orders when instructed. In order to maintain a
precise inventory, follow MCHC processes and checks as outlined.
Initiate and participate in quality communication among other
pharmacy staff members and those throughout MCHC. Ensure 340b
inventory and retail control practices are followed.Performs other
duties as assigned. RequiredWorking Environment and Physical
ActivitiesThis job is performed in a professional office
environment. This role routinely uses equipment related to their
specialty (radiography equipment, computers, etc), as well as
standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers, filing
cabinets, etc.The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, and
peripheral vision, as well as depth perception and ability to
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PM20.
Keywords: Mountainlands Community Health Center Inc, Provo , Pharmacy Technician (Part Time), Healthcare , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!