Medical Assistant-Population Health
Company: Revere Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: At Revere Health, we value the health of
our patients above all else. As the largest independent
multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system
gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and
innovation. Founded in 1969 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown
to include 30 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout
Utah, Arizona and Nevada.As the first Accountable Care Organization
(ACO) accredited by Medicare in Utah, and the only Next Generation
ACO in the state, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented
approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a
minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.Revere
Health: Your Health Above All ElseWe are seeking Certified Medical
Assistants to join our new and exciting Population Health
Team.Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Reviews patient registries and other data sets to identify gaps
in care, disease specific screenings, and basic preventative health
screens. Communicates to patient and/or clinic staff in an effort
to ensure timely closure of identified gaps.
- Collects and tracks monthly, quarterly and annual process
improvement/quality measure data.
- Conducts analysis of data in collaboration with a variety of
care teams to assist in identification of improvement activities.
Presents data collected in an organized format to facilitate
analysis and identification of improvement opportunities.
- Accesses daily reports to identify patients hospitalized,
discharged, and treated in the Emergency Department (ED). Provides
follow up communication to the RN Navigators and care team. Tracks
Provider outreach to patients discharged from the ED. Provides
assistance with care coordination, facilitates communication
between patients, caregivers, and providers, helps to addresses
barriers to care, and promotes optimal allocation of
- Provides information to patients and families regarding
community resources, medication assistance, and other healthcare
- Assists patients with scheduling, ordering lab work, and/or
testing that may be needed for a chronic disease as defined in the
organizational standard protocols.
- Provides outreach to patients as they transition through
multiple healthcare settings. Completes Transition of Care follow
up for patients discharged from an inpatient setting. Ensures
patient/caregiver understanding of discharge instructions and
completes medication reconciliation.
- Supports patients in an effort to make them successful while
following the written plan of care as indicated in the discharge
plans and ambulatory care plan. Encourages patient to use
self-management tools as provided.Minimum Qualifications &
- Minimum of two (2) years' recent experience in a healthcare
setting required. Primary care experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of electronic health records
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT and ICD-10 codes
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain cooperative
relationships with providers, staff members, patients and the
medical community. Ability to employ tact, diplomacy and compassion
with all types of people.
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Strong research and analysis skills highly preferred. Must
successfully function in a fast-paced, service-oriented
- Must be detail-oriented, a self-starter, possess ability to set
priorities, and function as part of a team. Possess ability to use
good judgment, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Possess and maintain computer skills to include working
knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, and the ability to learn other
software as needed. Experience with data analytics and quality
- Current Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Experience with medication reconciliation required.
- Knowledge of discharge planning, transitions of care, and
community resources preferred.
Keywords: Revere Health, Provo , Medical Assistant-Population Health, Healthcare , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!