Dental Hygienist - FT/PT
Company: Mountainlands Community Health Center Inc
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Job Title: Dental Hygienist (Full Time or Part Time) Job Code: FLSA
Status: NE Reports to: Dentist Last Revised: 01/24/2020 Supervises:
N/A Job Summary: The Dental Hygienist's primary responsibility is
to perform quality and efficient hygiene procedures while building
and maintaining positive and professional relationships with
patients. The Dental Hygienist is directly responsible for patience
experience, which ultimately drives patient retention. The
Hygienist performs a variety of oral health clinical procedures and
provides oral health education. The Dental Hygienist contributes to
the overall financial success of the practice. Job Qualifications
Education or Formal Training (Licenses/Certifications):
- Associates in Dental Hygiene Required. Bachelor's
- Licensing from the Utah Dental Board as a Dental Hygienist,
including local anesthesia licensure, is required. Experience:
- Two (2) years' experience as a dental hygienist preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
substituted on a year to year basis.
- Computer skills and software aptitude required.
- Communication and customer service skills required (e.g.,
compassion, manual dexterity, interpersonal skills, attention to
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, patient records, manage
multiple patients, and ensure patient chart information is complete
and up to date as required. Language:
- Bilingual: English/Spanish, preferred. Additional
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Travel: Infrequent, as required. Knowledge, Skills, and
- Ability to display a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to follow all MCHC policies, procedures, standards,
specifications, guidelines, actively participate and attend
employee meetings and complete required training programs in a
- Ability to promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with
the mission of MCHC.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members to
ensure superior results and team success.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think and act independently to find solutions.
- Is task and deadline oriented.
- Ability to take on ownership of assignments and communicate
status, issues, etc., and follow-through to completion. Essential
Duties/Responsibilities Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. DESCRIPTION FREQUENCY(%)10% Conducts patient screening
procedures including assessment of oral health conditions, review
of patient's health history, oral cancer screening, dental charting
and taking blood pressure and pulse. 10% Responsible for taking and
developing traditional dental radiography (x-rays) or digital
radiography. 50% Removes calculus and plaque (hard and soft
deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth and applies preventive
materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluorides), cleans
operatory, cleans and sterilizes instruments and equipment. 20%
Teaches patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain
oral health (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing, and nutritional
counseling) and counsels patients regarding good nutrition and its
impact on oral health. 10% Creates and/or updates patient chart and
other documentation/office management activities as required.
Represents the Company in community activities and professional
associations. When Required Required Performs other duties as
assigned. 100% Essential Duties Must Equal 100% Working Environment
and Physical Activities This job is performed in a professional
office environment. This role routinely uses medical and dental
equipment related to their specialty (x-ray machine, etc), as well
as standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc. The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May occasionally need
to assist patients in and out of dental chair/ wheelchair.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, and
peripheral vision, as well as depth perception and ability to
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Note: This job
description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Keywords: Mountainlands Community Health Center Inc, Provo , Dental Hygienist - FT/PT, Healthcare , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!