Benefits and Payroll Specialist
Posted on: March 17, 2020
VITALSMARTSWe believe that when you invest in your people, you
enable your workforce to carry out every business practice more
successfully. That's because what lies between an organization's
lofty goals and the desired outcome is often good old-fashioned
human behavior. VitalSmarts has identified an innovative approach
for enabling organizations to achieve new levels of performance by
focusing on the individual.With award-winning training products
based on more than 30 years of ongoing research, we have helped
more than 300 of the Fortune 500 realize significant results using
a proven method for driving rapid, sustainable, and measurable
change in behaviors. We teach organizations to dialogue safely
about any topic, achieve universal accountability, influence
behavior change for others, and influence behavior change for
The Impact You Will Have:The Benefits and Payroll Specialist will
act as the primary administrator for payroll processing and
benefits. This person will process the company's semi-monthly
payroll and assist in HRIS maintenance by facilitating employee
changes (i.e. new hires, promotions, terminations) in the Company's
This role will assist our employees in an internal and external
capacity to ensure seamless benefits processing throughout the
benefits lifecycle of employee elections/questions, HRIS carrier
connections and ensuring vendor invoices are correct.Preferred
candidates will have a solid foundation in benefits administration
and processes, labor leave laws and payroll schedules associated
with leaves, experience working with benefit carriers and use of
ADP payroll systems. As well, familiarity with state and federal
taxation is helpful from a payroll perspective.
A Day in the Life:Payroll
- Serve as the first point of contact for employee questions
regarding benefits and payroll and front-line advisor to staff and
internal HR partners.
- Perform employment verifications and respond to unemployment
- Sort department mail and respond to payroll requests (i.e.
garnishments, headcount data).
- Manage tax agency notices either by working directly with the
local agency or passing to our payroll provider
- Execute employee change memos and enter updates into the
Company's HRIS (i.e. new hires, promotions, terminations)
- Process commission payments and variable pay changes, open
payroll cycles, create pay batches, and assist in reviewing the
regular semi-monthly regular payroll.
- Escalate payroll and employee data issues as appropriate with
the Company's external payroll vendors
- Track hourly employee timesheets and employee vacation requests
to ensure entry and approval
- Process employee self-service changes in the Company's HRIS to
include collecting any supporting documents and addressing employee
- Perform ad hoc audits to include i9 administration, personnel
files, census data, historical payroll data, 401k, and all other
- Assist with the creation of user guides and ad hoc
- Manages and coordinates the day to day benefits administration
for all the Company's plans, which includes Health & Welfare,
retirement, and fitness reimbursements plans
- Responsible for the day to day relationship management of
Benefits vendors and carriers (file feeds, escalated member issues,
- Coordinate annual US employee benefits renewal and Open
- Manage HRIS Systems Maintenance related to Benefits
- Manages audits of benefits plan enrollments
- Administer Workers' Compensation program
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned, such
as organization chart updates, compensation benchmarking, writing
and distributing bonus plans, and employee memos
- Participate in semi-monthly payroll reviews with special
consideration to benefits deductions and retirement
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources
Administration, or other related degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of benefits administration experience in an
- At least 3 years of payroll knowledge preferred.
- Experience managing employee enrollments and coordinating
health, dental, vision, STD, LTD, HSA, FSA benefits with various
- Tactical knowledge of 401K regulations, uploads and plans.
- Tactical ADP administration experience, with a preference for
ADP Workforce Now.
- Ownership of data integrity and accurate reporting in prior
- Knowledge of labor laws and regulations, both federal and
- Verbal and written communication experience with all personnel
levels exemplifying tact and diplomacy.
- Superior attention to detail while ensuring quick response
- Ability to handle confidential information and materials with
care and discretion.
- The ability to prioritize competing deadlines and tasks.
- Strong customer service skills as well as attention to
- Quickly learn organization tools and internal processes
- Ability to multi-task and handle high-stress situations.
What You Get:
- Access to some of the richest professional development
- A variety of benefits depending on your region. Programs may
include health benefits, life insurance, income protection and
retirement savings plans with employer contributions to assist with
your health & financial security today and in the years ahead.
- Access to health benefits and wellness programs for employees
and families. Depending on your region, you may have access to
onsite fitness facilities, a wellness stipend program or
company-sponsored wellness events.
- The ability to work in a flexible work environment.
- Professional development support as we want YOU to be
successful in your career. Our team will work with you to establish
the goals you are trying to achieve in your profession.
AAPVitalSmarts provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, VitalSmarts complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training.VitalSmarts expressly prohibits any form of workplace
harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper
interference with the ability of VitalSmarts's employees to perform
their job duties may result in discipline up to and including
discharge.If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability
under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you
wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for
employment at VitalSmarts, please contact our Recruitment
department at .ADA (American with Disabilities Act) Information
- Work is performed primarily in an office setting
- Operates standard office equipment to include a computer,
calculator, copier, fax, telephone
Keywords: VitalSmarts, Provo , Benefits and Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!