Human Resources Manager
Company: Barrette Outdoor Living
Posted on: January 15, 2022
How we do what we do:
At Barrette Outdoor Living we are committed to providing quality
products that enhance people's lives. Our people share a passion
for our business, and work with skill, teamwork, and integrity to
deliver on our promise to provide superior products. We offer
competitive and comprehensive benefits packages. Enjoy benefits
like medical, wellness, paid time off, and much more!
As a company, we share a passion for our work and for our
employees. We value our employees and empower them to be their
best. We are collaborative, we like to work together and we care
about what we do and, most importantly, who we do it with. We are
The purpose of the role:
The Human Resources (HR) Manager position oversees, maintains and
enhances the organization's human capital policies and processes.
This role collaborates with site Management and supports them in
all employee related efforts. The HR Manager oversees and/or
facilitates all HR programs at the site including recruiting,
onboarding, training, various compliance matters, compensation and
benefits oversight, all employee engagement and retention efforts.
They consistently demonstrate, promote and display behaviors
aligned to the BOL core values.
- Cultivate open, site-wide communication by building and
maintaining relationships in a professional and personable
- Develop a department that shows a professionally amicable
approach and creates a similar environment for all employee
- Partner with the Plant/Site Manager to develop practices that
support building/nurturing site culture with a view to improving
attendance, productivity, engagement and retention
- Promote BOL Core values through communication, behavior,
processes and activities/events
- Be the benchmark of acceptable behavior and encourage peers and
the HR department likewise.
- Oversee site HRIS (UKG) timeliness and accuracy, ensuring
adherence to established SOP's and all system input processes. Be
the site's HRIS subject matter expert.
- Oversee site recruitment efforts - develop and/or follow
recruitment procedures, work with BOL Corporate recruiter as
- Manage and/or facilitate daily employee admin related processes
and tasks - both verbally and via system edit.
- Be the site expert on all BOL benefits programs - educate and
share knowledge with employees ; be a point person during open
enrolment, assist in presentations etc
- Ensure Job Description documents for all positions are
maintained and updated as appropriate
- Coach, counsel and/or mediator to employees, supervisors and
managers regarding employee relation issues
- Responsible for training, or administration of training
activities, on various HR related subjects : includes HR/Employment
Law, harassment, discrimination, various other site and BOL
- Work closely with BOL General Counsel on matters of legal and
regulatory compliance - ensure all FMLA/Leave requirements are
handled appropriately; conduct investigations; maintain all
appropriate HR files and records (personnel files and all
- Be site expert on the BOL handbook and counsel Managers on site
rules and policies; participate in periodic handbook updates and
- Ensure departmental participation in BOL Wellness initiatives;
partner with BOL Wellness coordinator, communicating information;
engaging employees, encourage healthy lifestyles
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts with staffing and
other outside agencies as appropriate
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing
personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Manage site performance review/appraisal process
- Manage the facilitation of site events and activities
including, where appropriate, involvement in the local
- Guide, develop, manage and empower HR direct reports---develop
and maintain a first class team
- Work with, and share knowledge and information with, peers in
BOL HR function
If that sounds like you....here's what we need in terms of
education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in HR Management or related field required,
Master's Degree preferred.
- SHRM and/or SPHR certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 6+ years HR Management with demonstrated progressive
responsibility and supervisory experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing/distribution organization
- Personable, great communicator both written and spoken
- Extensive experience operating in integrated HRIS
- Proficiency in basic business (Microsoft Office) software
- Comfortable rolling up sleeves to learn and coach.
- Passionate, action and detail-oriented leader, comfortable
designing, promoting and implementing change.
Keywords: Barrette Outdoor Living, Provo , Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Nephi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!