Software Engineer, Java
Company: Micro Focus
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Software Engineer, JavaJob Description:
Micro Focus is seeking a talented and motivated individual to
assume the role of software engineer in the Identity and Access
Management Engineering Department. We are looking for people with
the right blend of skills, education, experience, and attitude to
fill this exciting and challenging position. This is a great
opportunity for the individual looking to get involved with cutting
edge technology in the Cloud Computing, Identity, and Access
The successful candidate will have experience designing and
developing software, communicating with a team of talented
engineers, and can succeed with minimal supervision or oversight in
a distributed team. A willingness to answer questions, excellent
troubleshooting skills, and the ability to focus on problem
resolution until completion are required. This position will work
with the development, testing, product management and documentation
teams to create software for an Internet scale product. Ideal
candidates will have worked in an entrepreneurial environment and
will be known for their ability to help the team work towards
- Actively participate in a team using agile methodologies to
design, develop, enhance, maintain, and provide bug fixes for
Identity and Access Manager features which utilize shared
libraries, tools, and scripts in an Object Oriented
- Work closely with QA teams to address quality and usability
issues in the product.
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal and
outsourced development partners regarding development status.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for
compliance with systems design and development guidelines and
standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality
and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems
leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects,
programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into
projects and activities in the software systems design
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff
- Learn and perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information
Systems, or equivalent.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of JAVA or a similar back-end programming
language (e.g., C, C++)
- 5+ years of software development with enterprise-class software
or related high-volume web application
- 3+ years of experience in at least one of the JAVA Core
technologies: (J2EE, EJB, Servlets, Spring, Java Web Services
- Experience with source code management tools like Perforce or
- Experience on Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with databases, especially MySQL
- Organized and process-oriented with ability to maintain
excellent process/design documentation and reports.
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies and techniques
About Micro Focus
Micro Focus is a leading global provider of compliance and security
management solutions that protect enterprises, education and
governmental agencies. Security, compliance, and risk management is
a high-growth market, and that growth is accelerating worldwide.
With market-leading products such as Access Manager, ArcSight,
Sentinel, Fortify, and ZENWorks, the Micro Focus Security Group is
positioned as a thought leader in this explosive environment of
sophisticated cyber threats and network defense technologies.
Job:EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without
discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally
Keywords: Micro Focus, Provo , Software Engineer, Java, IT / Software / Systems , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!