Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinical Supervisor
Company: Mountainlands Community Health Center Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Description: Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinical
SupervisorFLSA Status: ExemptReports to: Site Manager -
ProvoSupervises: Medical Assistants, ReferralsJob Summary: The
Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinical Supervisor provides
interdisciplinary, culturally appropriate, and comprehensive care.
This is considered a leadership position that supervises Medical
Assistants and other clinical staff. He/She works collaboratively
with direct reports and other staff members to ensure all patients
receive quality care and services.Job QualificationsEducation or
Formal Training (Licenses/Certifications):
- Associate's degree in Nursing Required, Bachelor's degree in
- Valid Registered Nurse License in the state of Utah
- Two (2) years minimum experience, preferably in a clinical or
hospital setting with an emphasis on patient care.
- Technical knowledge and strong Microsoft Office and EMR
database computer skills required.
- Knowledge of clinic scheduling, policy and procedures for front
office, electronic medical record, HIPAA and clinical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service, and
patient skills required.Language:
- Bilingual: English/Spanish, preferred but not
required.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to display a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to follow all MCHC policies, procedures, standards,
specifications, guidelines, actively participate and attend
employee meetings and complete required training programs in a
- Ability to promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with
the mission of MCHC.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members to
ensure superior results and team success.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think and act independently to find solutions.
- Is task and deadline oriented.
- Ability to take on ownership of assignments and communicate
status, issues, etc., and follow-through to completion.
- Ability and desire to educate and train clinical
staff.Essential Duties/ResponsibilitiesOversees the performance of
the medical assistants working in the clinic, assisting with
patient flow issues, performing procedures as needed, assisting
with patient assessments, ensuring collaboration with all clinic
care team members provide the best outcomes for MCHC
patients.Responsible to hire, train, educate, and supervise Medical
Assistants to ensure effective and efficient patient care is being
provided. In doing so, ensures that each patient receives quality,
patient-centered care following established clinical guidelines for
preventive care, chronic disease management, and MAT (Medically
Assisted Treatment) program. Responsible for evaluating MA
performance, providing additional mentoring as needed, ensuring
collaboration, providing conflict resolution, performing all duties
related to MA scheduling and time sheet oversight and
signoff.Ensure all performance measures are met, which include but
are not limited to, clinical quality measures and UDS measures.
Provide clinical and administrative supervision and/or assistance
to the clinical team, including MAs, externs, Referral
Coordinators, and phlebotomists as required. Ensures The Joint
Commission standards are being met.Assists Site Manager as needed
with inventory and maintenance logs, and other workflow.
Responsible for inventory audits (medical supplies and stock room)
and ensuring all medications are labeled correctly. Performs
controls on all CLIA tests, including A1C/Clintix machines,
microalbumin, 10 strip glucose, and protein. This role is
responsible for overseeing sterilization and vaccine tasks. May
delegate daily log and vaccine duties.Responsible for Vaccine
Management including inventory, VFC contract, and ordering of
vaccines.Coordinates schedule between MAs, Providers, and
collaborates heavily with the Front Desk Supervisor.Performs other
duties as assigned.Working Environment and Physical ActivitiesThis
job is performed in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses equipment related to their specialty (radiography
equipment, computers, etc), as well as standard office equipment
such as phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, and
peripheral vision, as well as depth perception and ability to
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PM20.
Keywords: Mountainlands Community Health Center Inc, Provo , Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinical Supervisor, Other , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!