Medical Receptionist (Part Time)
Company: Mountainlands Community Health Center Inc
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Job Title: Medical Receptionist
FLSA Status: NE
Reports to: Front Desk Supervisor
Job Summary: The Medical and/or Dental
Receptionist ensures patient appointments are appropriately
scheduled, rescheduled, or canceled, depending on the needs of the
patients. Responsibilities include entering patient information
into the data system, answering patients' questions, and arranging
referrals to other medical or dental specialists. The successful
receptionist will be able to organize and maintain patient waiting
areas as well as front-desk areas. Ultimately, a top-performing
Receptionist will perform all duties in a compassionate and timely
manner that ensures practice efficiency.
Education or Formal Training (Licenses/Certifications):
- High school diploma or GED required; for dental
responsibilities: dental assistant or x-ray certification
- One (1) year experience with customer service tasks
- Computer skills and software aptitude required.
- Communication and strong compassionate customer service skills
- Multi-line phone proficiency required.
- Insurance coding and medical or dental terminology
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, patient records, manage
multiple schedules, and ensure patient information is complete and
up to date is required.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish, required
- Current personal immunization records, along with any required
maintenance. Note: We require vaccines, including the Covid-19
vaccine per CDC recommendations, with approved exemptions per
guidelines and policy
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all
HIPAA (created, received, maintained, or transmitted).
- Must be able to use proper grammar (reading, writing and in
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Travel: Minimal, as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to display a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to follow all MCHC policies, procedures, standards,
specifications, guidelines, actively participate and attend
employee meetings and complete required training programs in a
- Ability to promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with
the mission of MCHC.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members to
ensure superior results and team success.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think and act independently to find solutions. Must
manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Is task and deadline oriented.
- Ability to take on ownership of assignments and communicate
status, issues, etc., and follow-through to completion.
Greets and welcomes patients, performs all check-in tasks
including verifying income, updating patient information (including
updating all forms related to HIPAA, Patient Responsibility, etc.),
collecting copays, and guiding patients to the waiting area. May
also need to assist patients with the information forms.
Responsible for answering phone calls to schedule, reschedule,
schedule follow-up appointments, provide reminder calls (includes
leaving applicable messages), and manage cancelled appointments. Is
responsible for verifying methods of payment and collecting payment
Responsible for calling insurance companies to verify insurance
and determine if patients are required to make co-payments. Makes
sure that the insurance information is updated in the chart
Creates patient case records (e.g., current medications,
clinical questions, etc.).
Prepares patients' charts and daily schedules for dental staff
(if applicable) and performs general office duties, such as
answering phones, photocopying, filing, faxing documents, sending
medical and/or dental records, stock office supplies, and keeping
the front desk areas clean and organized.
Performs other duties as assigned. Required
Working Environment and Physical Activities
This job is performed in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses equipment related to their specialty
(computers, etc), as well as standard office equipment such as
phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, and
peripheral vision, as well as depth perception and ability to
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: Mountainlands Community Health Center Inc, Provo , Medical Receptionist (Part Time), Other , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!