Company: ACT Aerospace
Posted on: January 15, 2022
ABOUT ACT Aerospace
ACT Aerospace specializes in the design and production of composite
products supporting commercial and military aerospace programs. As
a primary job provider in rural Utah, ACTA offers continued growth
for employees within a growing company and in a locale that
supports an outdoorsman lifestyle. We are looking for new employees
with a willingness to learn, who are flexible, who will be reliable
and who strive to improve and exceed expectations.
Visit http://www.actaero.com/ to learn more about ACTA process,
capabilities, and customers.
ACTA is based in Gunnison, Utah.
Employees are eligible for the benefits after 60 days:
* Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance (1st of month following 60
* Life Insurance policies (including spouse and dependents)
* Paid Holidays
* 401(k) plan with employer match
The Machine Shop Technician is responsible for machine operation
(which can include one or more processes such as trimming, tooling,
Core Cutting, etc.) of composite products. The Technician needs to
be able to work with both manual methods and use of hand tools and
equipment to produce product according to defined planning and work
instructions. Machines include: DMS, CMS, Thermwood, Mazak and
Waterjet. On the job training is provided
Rate: $12.50/hr entry level to $18.00/hr depending on
* Machine operation including one or more processes such as
trimming, tooling, Core Cutting, etc.
* Loading/aligning fixtures
* Running program
* Unloading and storing tooling
* Use both manual methods and hand tools
* Handling and deburring of parts
* Quick inspection on parts
* Drive a fork lift
Required Growth Areas
* Improve in cutting parts and machining processes.
* Cross train between all machines.
* Improve on ACT specs and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements
* Work as a team member and contribute to a positive work
* Attention to detail
* Have the ability to follow all written work instructions and
procedures with minimal instruction.
* Must be able to stand for extended periods - 8 hours min.
* Must be able to use simple math.
* Must be willing to work overtime and Saturday's when
* Must be able to use hand tools and have good mechanical
* Must be able to lift, hold and carry up to 40 pounds unaided.
* Have a strong work ethic - be disciplined, motivated, driven,
* Must be a Citizen of the United States
* Understand and adhere to ACT Aerospace Employee Code of
* Complete expected amount of work during the schedule work
* Meets time/production schedules as requested.
* Makes effective use of materials and equipment so that work
produced has few errors.
* Follow all written instructions, work instructions, travelers and
* Understand and adhere to all environmental health and safety
policies and posted signs.
* Complete production records, travelers and area logs as work is
* Participate in and contribute to process improvement, lean
manufacturing and other initiatives.
* Help in other areas in the shop to preserve shop flow (as
* Maintain the order and cleanliness of production and department
* Wear the required personal protective equipment.
* Consistent attendance and arrive to work on time.
* Complete online application (including; work history, references,
* Cover letter
* Work schedule match
Keywords: ACT Aerospace, Provo , Machine Operator, Other , Gunnison, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!