Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on: January 16, 2022
PredictIt is a unique and exciting real-money site that tests
your knowledge of political events by letting you trade shares on
everything from the outcome of an election to a Supreme Court
decision to major world events.
Created with Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, and
supported by Aristotle International, Inc., a U.S. provider of data
processing and verification services, PredictIt operates under the
terms of a No Action letter granted by the United States Commodity
Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in October, 2014.
PredictIt is "The Stock Market of Politics" where more than 100,000
Traders make $1 winner-take-all bets on developments worldwide in
If it is political and in the news; our PredictIt Traders can put
money on it.
- Plan and manage the Aristotle hosted application infrastructure
as it relates to proper functioning of the various Aristotle and
3rd party software components. Deploy, maintain, and
- Detect, prioritize and resolve incidents
- Identify and document common recovery procedures for service
- Understand live support workflows to develop ongoing
performance efficiencies and quality improvements
- Oversee the proper operation of the Windows/IIS/SQL Server
hosted web services and applications ensuring 24x7x365
- Develop and report key performance indicators illustrating team
and system performance.
- Define and continuously review processes to improve
efficiencies and overall performance.
- Monitor system performance and identify systemic issues.
- Responsible for accuracy of all documentation related to server
and application infrastructure and product deployments
- Work with IT to implement security policies and directives.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in operations and/or software
development in a software-as-a-service (SaaS) environment
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Experience in web services, IIS, SQL Server 2005 required
- Experience in live services operations preferred
- Working experience with Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP,
Windows Server 2003/2008
- Working experience with ASP.NET hosted applications
- Working experience with e-mail delivery infrastructure. Need to
know about black listing and white listing services and MX records
- Experience with system and IIS administration
- Experience with the ASP.NET hosting on IIS 6 and IIS 7 on both
Windows 2003 and Windows 2008
- Experience with SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 with both
SQL programming and database job/performance management
- Experience with .NET programming and deploying assemblies
- Experience with Windows hosting
- We are looking for people who are passionate about the software
industry and want to work with the best and brightest.
- Scripting capabilities and server imaging experiences to help
automate customer deployments with cost, speed and accuracy as
foremost priorities a big plus
All positions are Full-Time, with competitive compensation, medical
benefits, paid vacation, 401k plan and stock options. Casual dress
code and a non-corporate atmosphere make this a fun place to work
and learn in a team environment.
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Aristotle has
implemented a requirement that new hires be fully vaccinated,
absent an approved exemption/accommodation, which may include a
written statement from the new hire that vaccination would be
injurious to the health and well-being of the new hire or would
conflict with the new hire's sincerely held religious or personal
Keywords: Aristotle, Provo , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!