Tax Senior Associate - Corporate Tax
Company: Grant Thornton LLP (US)
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Tax Reporting and Advisory Senior Associate
Job Summary: The TRA Senior Associate works closely with staff on
all phases of project and engagement management for multiple
clients. The TRA team provides a variety of services to our clients
in the areas of tax outsourcing, tax and finance optimization, tax
technology and implementation as well as IFRS conversion.
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes
planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and
managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on tax
projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews;
perform in-charge role as needed.
- Review tax returns done by staff and make recommendations on
return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings
opportunities; gain increasing responsibility in review
- Conduct primary review of ASC 740 income tax provision
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize
tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax
- Prepare tax returns for more complex income tax clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Salary in State of Colorado range of $86,000 - 118,000
Education: Bachelors' degree in Accounting. A minimum of a 3.0 GPA
on a 4.0 scale is required.
Certifications & Licensures:
Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in progressive tax
compliance and/or tax consulting experience.
- Experience in public accounting is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and analytical skills and attention to
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft
- Ability to work additional hours or travel as needed.
At Grant Thornton, we believe in making business more personal and
building trust into every result - for our clients and you. Here,
we go beyond your expectations of a career in professional services
by offering a career path with more: more opportunity, more
flexibility, and more support. It's what makes us different, and we
think being different makes us better.
The team you're about to join is ready to help you thrive. Here's
- Whether it's your work location, weekly schedule or unlimited
flex time off, we empower you with the options to work in the way
that best serves your clients and your life.
- Here, you are supported to prioritize your overall well-being
through work-life integration options that work best for your and
those in your household.
- We understand that your needs, responsibilities and experiences
are different - and we think that's a good thing. That's why we
support you with personalized and comprehensive benefits that
recognize and empower all the identities, roles and aspirations
that make you, well, you. See how at www.gt.com/careers
- When it comes to inclusion, we are committed to doing more than
checking boxes. Explore all the ways we're taking action for
diversity, equity & inclusion at www.gt.com/careers
Here's what you can expect next:
If you apply and are selected to interview, a Grant Thornton team
member will reach out to you to schedule a time to connect. We
encourage you to also check out other roles that may be a good fit
for you or get to know us a little bit better at
It is the policy of Grant Thornton to promote equal employment
opportunities. All personnel decisions (including, but not limited
to, recruiting, hiring, training, working conditions, promotion,
transfer, compensation, benefits, evaluations, and termination) are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex,
age, marital or civil union status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related
condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
citizenship status, veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic
predisposition or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local law.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and
applicable state and local laws, it is the policy of Grant Thornton
LLP to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a
qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such
accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding
requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of
employment, including the application process. To make an
accommodation request, please contact
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment
all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories,
in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state
and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Keywords: Grant Thornton LLP (US), Provo , Tax Senior Associate - Corporate Tax, Other , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!