Ash Haul Operator- Huntington, UT
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: March 6, 2023
Req: 478287 Nielson Construction & Materials, a CRH Company, is
a member of the CRH Americas Materials West Division. Our purpose,
commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the
safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to
be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products,
ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We
succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect,
innovation, service, sustainability, and financial
strength.Position OverviewThis is a skilled position involving the
safe and efficient operation of various types of construction
equipment including but not limited to Loaders, Back Hoes, Skid
steers, Belly Dumps, Water Trucks, EtcKey Responsibilities
(Essential Duties and Functions)
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of belly dumps, and
related equipment to be operated.
- Can operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Must keep time and material records.
- Must follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability for maneuvering and backing.
- Must be able to communicate effectively on the radio
- Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems
to the supervisor.
- May assist in labor and physical tasks as needed.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Any requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
and one to two years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.Certificates,
- Valid state commercial driver's license (CDL) Class A is
- Valid driver's license is required.Work Requirements
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Incident free driving record preferred
- May be subject to drug, alcohol, and physical agilities
- Ability to communicate using two-way radio.
- Basic math
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Physical
RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job.The employee is frequently
required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle
equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk,
crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their
shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere
up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision and depth perception. Work EnvironmentThe work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold
and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.The statements included in this job description are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and
criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties
may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject
to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Nielson Construction & Materials, a CRH Company,
is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability If you want to know more, please click
on this link .
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Provo , Ash Haul Operator- Huntington, UT, Other , Huntington, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...