Company: Castleview Hospital
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Castleview HospitalJob Summary:
---------------------------------- Accountable for conversion of
diagnoses and treatment procedures into codes using an
international classification of diseases. Job
- Ensures that patient records are accurately coded utilizing
ICD-9-CM and CPT codes and guidelines.-- Efficiently utilizes
computerized coding/abstracting equipment.
- Reviews patient chart thoroughly to ascertain all
diagnoses/procedures.-- Contacts responsible physician in a
professional, tactful manner, if diagnosis is not available on
- Coder's diagnoses and procedures on clinical summary agree with
physician's preference 100% of the time. Refers chart to doctor if
there is a question regarding the diagnoses/codes.
- Ensures data quality and optimum reimbursement allowable under
the federal and state payment systems.
- Acts as a resource person to clinic staff for coding and may
provide education regarding coding changes/issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of Medicare changes and
- Assists in the effective and efficient operation of the medical
- Work insurance denials to help billing department.
- Maintains CONFIDENTIALITY of all pertinent patient care
information to assure patient rights are protected. Releases
information in accordance with established policies.
- Does not have unauthorized overtime, arrives on time, leaves on
time and has few unscheduled absences.
- Respects diversity of each individual (patients, visitors,
Keywords: Castleview Hospital, Provo , Coder FT, Other , Price, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...