Company: Pic Group, Inc
Posted on: June 16, 2022
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit
the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a
global service provider, we continually seek talented
Title: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Electrical
Position Type: - - - - - - - - - Contract
Location: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Millard County,
Reports to: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - I&E Supervisor
Status: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Non-Exempt
Job Summary: -
PIC Group is seeking an Electrical Technician to support operations
of a large 2,000MW coal power plant located in Millard County, UT.
- The Electrical Technician reports to the I&E Supervisor and
is responsible for inspecting, adjusting, calibrating, maintaining,
repairing and installing electrical equipment and machinery for the
plant in a safe and efficient manner. The Electrical Technician is
vital to the safe operations of the facility and will be integral
to a team of seasoned operators with a solid history of strong
plant performance. - This opportunity is a long-term contract
assignment for up to three (3) years. - - The Owner takes great
pride in the Operations of their facility and has been ranked among
the best of America's coal-based power plants in reliability,
cost-effectiveness and environmental responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains all plant machinery and electrical equipment in
accordance with company guidelines, manufacturer recommendations,
and maintenance schedules.
- Tests, trouble shoots, and consults with supervisor to
determine the best course of action to repair and/or replace
equipment and perform the necessary repairs or
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs or preventive
maintenance/scheduled repairs of production equipment which
includes high voltage equipment.
- Performs tests, inspections, repairs and/or maintenance, and
installation of equipment at all voltage levels such as Unit
generators, pumps, motors, motor controllers, transformers, cranes,
switchgear and actuators.
- Performs maintenance and installation on solid state controls,
programmable controllers, microprocessors, ID fans, excitation
systems, variable speed drives, motor starters, and
- Understands and adheres to the Owner's tagging and clearance
policy and procedures.
- Performs conduit installation, installs and terminates
conductors and cable of all voltages.
- Performs general and electrical maintenance and repairs to all
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals, electrical drawings and
work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Able to wear and use required personal protective equipment for
the assigned task.
- Assists and validates the training of Maintenance Assistants
and mid-level I&E personnel.
- Complies with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Ability to work rotating shifts and overtime in accordance with
plant requirements and policies.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely
- Ability to use electrical test equipment, including but not
limited to the following: Voltage tester, Multi-meter,
meg-ohmmeter, oscilloscope, variac, and circuit breaker test
- Ability to follow instructions, responds to managements
direction and take responsibility for own actions.
- Must possess a strong work ethic with an enthusiastic, positive
attitude, and the highest level of integrity.
- Ability to maintain regular and timely attendance.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Ability to apply mathematical principles to calculate
- Valid driver's license.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to work in low and high places, outdoor weather
conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- While performing these duties, the employee is regularly
required to: stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl; and talk and hear.
- Must be able to occasionally move objects in excess of 50
- Specific vision abilities include: clarity of vision at 20
inches or less; and ability to adjust eyes to bring an object into
Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate of Applied Science degree in an applicable electrical
field and a licensed Journeyman electrician OR
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience as a licensed Journeyman
- Four (4) years' experience in a coal-fired steam-electric
generating station as an electrician OR
- Previous Maximo CMMS experience will be considered a plus.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to
beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug
and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of
criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the
qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we
receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required
experience and qualifications will be contacted
Keywords: Pic Group, Inc, Provo , Electrical Technician, Professions , Delta, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!