Posted on: June 22, 2022
About ToptalToptal is a global network of top freelance talent
in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale
their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and
over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world's largest fully
remote company.We take the best elements of virtual teams and
combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation,
social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast
pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.Position
DescriptionAre you looking to utilize your organizational and
analytical skills to research, evaluate, recommend, and administer
total rewards programs? Do you enjoy working with systems, data,
and tools, and gain satisfaction from completing analyses,
improving operations, and taking ownership of processes? If so, we
encourage you to apply to our Benefits Analyst role! We are looking
for someone who will bring their enthusiasm and passion for
Compensation and Benefits to Toptal to ensure that our offerings
and programs are highly competitive, effective, and well run. Our
ideal candidate takes initiative in identifying opportunities for
improvement and solving problems.In this role, you will work
closely with the Director of Compensation and Benefits to
continually improve and manage Toptal's total rewards programs. You
will also establish good working relationships with Toptal's Chief
People Officer, People team members, Recruiters, and Payroll and
Finance team members. You will provide exceptional service and
responsiveness to Toptal's Core team members.This is a remote
position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature
of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes
and communication must be submitted in English.ResponsibilitiesYou
will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and
administration of our benefit programs and will support Core team
members relating to their benefits, leaves of absence, etc.
Initially the role will be 80% benefits and 20% compensation
responsibilities. After about six months, that will move closer to
a 60% benefits and 40% compensation split. You will support
Toptal's annual open benefits enrollment as well as the rollout of
new benefits offerings. You will assist the Director of
Compensation and Benefits with job evaluations, market compensation
analysis, and compensation plan documentation. You will perform
special projects, as needed.Benefits ProgramsYour responsibilities
- Perform health and welfare plan administration, COBRA
administration, FMLA and other leave administration, and 401(k)
administration and compliance.
- Establish and support a regular cadence of benefits
- Ensure smooth processes, feeds, and operations with vendors,
our Payroll and Finance teams; reconcile and process vendor
- Assist with compliance by helping to put plan documents, plan
amendments, summary plan descriptions, tax filings, and any other
necessary documents in place.
- Assist in the annual benefits renewal process and open
- Perform market compensation analysis utilizing survey
- Match Toptal's jobs to survey jobs and gather base salary,
total cash compensation, and total compensation data.
- Determine appropriate market values and compensation reference
- Conduct job evaluations to determine appropriate job levels and
- Assist with research on geographic pay differentials, impacts
of taxation on pay levels, and assignment of geographic bands.
- Assist with annual review spreadsheet preparation and with
modeling and costing out of compensation initiatives.
- Complete compensation survey and other survey
- Support the onboarding process by acting as the point of
contact for new team members with benefits-related questions,
specifically around individual new hire enrollment.Day-to-Day
- Serve as the main point of contact for day-to-day benefits
questions or requests across Toptal and for the specific projects
that you are responsible for leading.
- Monitor Slack channels and respond to requests and
- Respond to compensation questions within the scope of the
- Handle any benefits questions, including COBRA, for departing
Core team members and ensure that team members are provided with
the proper information upon departing Toptal.Projects (may Include,
But Not Be Limited To)
- Conducting research into practices in compensation and benefits
management, including new offerings or services.
- Working on company-wide rollouts and helping to set up the
tools and platforms for annual people processes such as open
enrollment, merit increases, etc.
- Assisting with identifying, securing, and implementing new
systems or tools to improve our services and processes.In The First
Week, Expect To
- Work with the Director of Compensation and Benefits and People
team to begin to understand Toptal's rewards programs and
- Explore the current tools and resources and understand how they
are currently used.
- Experience our new hire benefits enrollment during the
onboarding period.In The First Month, Expect To
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of People processes within
- Understand Toptal's benefit offerings.
- Understand compensation structures that exist within
- Begin to handle tasks and day-to-day requests and process them
independently.In The First Three Months, Expect To
- Continue to develop relationships across the organization.
- Confidently handle day-to-day requests independently.
- Update current processes and collaborate on new initiatives.In
The First Six Months, Expect To
- Reflect on your observations since you started, identify where
there are areas for improvement, and recommend changes, as
- Continue to fine-tune current processes and implement new ideas
- Contribute significantly through assigned project work.In The
First Year, Expect To
- Be viewed as a Toptal culture ambassador.
- Thoroughly understand the company structure, operations, and
- Continue to implement new scalable process improvements as the
- Be viewed as a trusted resource throughout the
- 2+ years of directly applicable compensation and benefits
experience working with cross-functional teams, preferably in a
hyper growth environment.
- Experience administering health and welfare plans, leave of
absence programs, and 401(k) programs.
- Experience with market pricing, job evaluations, and base pay
- Experience working in a tech startup environment with a large
population of Engineers strongly preferred.
- Certifications and completed coursework from WorldatWork or
SHRM is a plus.
- Experience working 100% remotely is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Employee benefit programs, including
health and welfare programs.
- Knowledge of international or country-specific benefits would
be a plus.
- Knowledge of Pay management fundamentals, including base and
- Prior experience using HRIS systems, with specific knowledge of
UKG being a plus.
- Knowledge of operations, processes, and roles that constitute a
high-performing People team.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to determine the steps and products needed for an
analysis, based on receiving direction. in the form of objectives
or a problem statement.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks and
processes, but also able to work well with team members at all
levels and across all functions of the business.
- Exercise sound judgment in problem solving or escalating to the
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Experience using Slack and other collaboration tools is
- Proficiency with Google suite is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to work
- Highly organized and reliable with respect to completing tasks
and meeting deadlines.
- Highly proficient with spreadsheets and presentation
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines without
- Customer service orientation and genuine fondness for
interacting with others.
- Displaying a positive, can-do attitude, and proactively seek
- Following up to ensure that tasks and communication loops are
successfully closed out.
- Displaying a natural curiosity about compensation data and
benefits practices and inclination to find the best way to do
- Flexibility to work outside of normal hours on occasion to
accommodate a global workforce.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at
Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to
do.For Toptal Use Only: #west #midwest #ussouth #northeast
Keywords: Toptal, Provo , Benefits Analyst, Professions , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!