Journeyman Plumber - $1500 SIGN ON BONUS
Company: UMC, Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Fifty years ago, the owner and his family started a plumbing
business with the vision to provide quality service while helping
others learn about the trade. Today, the same owner and his family
continues to lead the industry in commercial HVAC and Plumbing by
providing a clean, quality service for the communities we help
build. With the passion to teach others the trade and great people
on our team, we continue to lead the industry and experience
continuous growth. If you have a passion to provide quality service
and have the desire to continue to learn and advance in the trade,
we have growth and leadership opportunities for you. Grow Your
Career with UMC, Inc. Journeyman Plumber Benefits
- TOP MARKET PAY
- Excellent Stability and Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance for you and your
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K w/ 6% Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Family/Friend Referral Program
- Excellent Company Culture Journeyman Plumber Pay Range (Hourly)
Salary: $34.00 - $36.00 Actual pay depends on journeyman level,
education, skills test evaluation, experience, and performance.
*The successful Journeyman Plumber will continually improve
theirknowledge and skills to provide quality work completed safely
within production timelines whileliving UMC's Vision, Mission, and
Core Values and teaching others the trade . Journeyman Plumber
Responsibilities and Duties (Essential Job Functions)
- Install various types of plumbing pipe, equipment, PVC, sweat
and solder copper and cast-iron pipes. Install fixtures (sinks,
toilets, urinals, fountains, bathtubs, and showers) Install and
maintain plumbing systems used for drainage, sewage, and potable
water. Locate, troubleshoot, repair and/or replace plumbing
equipment and fixtures as necessary.
- Enforce and comply with site safety procedures and
- Arrives at job sites on time as scheduled to participate in
pre-planning and safety discussions before work begins.
- Wears proper Personal Protective Equipment or PPE as always
required. Ensures all work performed using proper installation
procedures and safety practices.
- Have a passion for teaching others the trade. Demonstrates
patience, good teaching skills, and shares knowledge with
- Always treats others with respect and dignity and incorporates
UMC's Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the
- All new hires will be subject to a 60-day evaluation
Journeyman Plumber Qualifications
- Journeyman must hold a valid Journeyman's License .
- Multi-Family experience helpful.
- Must be able to pass a plumbing skills test. The result of this
test helps determine position level and pay.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity and maintain the
confidentiality of business information.
- Possess good organizational, interpersonal, and initiative
- Must have professional communication skills.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with
hands and arms; talk; hear; sit; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl;
climb or balance; stand; walk; lift or move up to 30 pounds and
occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds; work overhead and in
cramped quarters. Good vision required.
- Must be 18 years or older, have dependable transportation to
job sites, pass a physical and drug screening, and be authorized to
work in the United States. Equal Opportunity Employer Work
While performing this job, the employee is frequently exposed to
fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and
vibration. Occasionally exposure to a variety of extreme conditions
at construction job sites occurs. The noise level in the work
environment and job sites can be loud. The performance of work
happens in outside weather conditions. Mitigate these hazards or
stop work until conditions improve when applicable. Must be able to
perform the essential functions of the position, with or without
accommodation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status. Colorado Compliance: UMC, Inc. will not retaliate
against any employee making a complaint or inquiring about the
Company's practices regarding Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work
Act. If you are subjected to any conduct that you believe violates
this policy, you must promptly speak to, write, or otherwise
contact your direct supervisor or, if the conduct involves your
direct supervisor, the project manager, or human resources.
Keywords: UMC, Inc., Provo , Journeyman Plumber - $1500 SIGN ON BONUS, Professions , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!