Material Handler w/Forklift Experience -1st Shift
Company: Multi-Color Corporation
Posted on: March 8, 2023
Build your Career with an Industry Leader Multi-Color
Corporation and Fort Dearborn have merged and are now the world's
largest prime label and packaging supplier. Join the new MCC and
you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization
that has been committed to excellence and industry leadership for
over 110 years.The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for
acting as the primary point of contact for all incoming and
outgoing drivers. The clerk is responsible for completing
paperwork, maintaining schedules, and ensuring all paperwork is
complete and error free. The clerk provides information both
internally and externally as needed. Responsible to verify and keep
records on incoming and outgoing shipments, unload shipments
received and prepare items for outgoing shipment.Why work at
- Compensation: $17-$19 hourly depending on experience + $1,000
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
disability, life insurance and 401(k)
- Paid Holidays: New Years, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor
Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas
Day, plus two floating Holidays Responsibilities:
- Responsible for pulling customer orders and preparing related
shipping documents in an accurate and prompt manner.
- Prepares skids or pallets for shipping, stretch wraps completed
- Unloads raw material from trucks in a timely fashion.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items,
records shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages
- Routes items to departments.
- Scans material into computer system using scan gun and load
- Operates a fork lift truck or uses a hand truck to move, convey
or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage
or work area.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs or measures
items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information
against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Prepares and routes all in-coming and out-going articles as
necessary for shipment to final destination or placement in FDC
inventory following established specifications.
- Determines method of shipment.
- Schedules freight carriers for necessary pick-ups.
- Completes manifest paperwork for shipments.
- Works with Customer Service department to coordinate
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons.
- Picks inventory items released for shipment from Work in
Progress and Inventory.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Assists in maintaining equipment for optimal operation,
including adjustments. Assists with preventative maintenance.
- Ensures compliance with established facility safety policies
- Treats all associates respectfully and professionally while
maintaining company code of ethics.
- Other duties as assignedQualifications:
- Minimum education required is high school diploma or GED or one
to three months of related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to operate a fork lift and a pallet jack.
- Minimum language skills are ability to read and interpret
documents accurately, ability to write routine reports and
correspondence and to speak effectively with customers and other
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts by using
addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Able to apply
concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands of the position require standing, using
hands and fingers, reaching with arms and hands, walking, stooping,
kneeling, crawling, or crouching.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds,
frequently up to 45 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.MCC Label welcomes
and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part
in all aspects of the selection process. MCC Label is an equal
Keywords: Multi-Color Corporation, Provo , Material Handler w/Forklift Experience -1st Shift, Professions , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...